Learn About Guardianship

Learn about guardianship in Grosse Pointe Farms, MI

If a loved one is mentally or medically incapacitated, you can apply for full or limited adult guardianship in the Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan area. Guardianship gives you authority over some or all of their financial, medical and life affairs.

Do you want to terminate an adult guardianship over yourself or someone else? Family Focus Law can help with that, too. To find out more, call 313-878-5252 today.

Is Guardianship Appropriate For Your Loved One?

Does someone you love need your care? Family Focus Law can help you determine if guardianship is the right decision or if another legal approach is suitable for your loved one's situation. Guardianships can be established for: 

  • Minor children. Take full, legal responsibility of an adopted child, stepchild or a relative under the age of 18.
  • Incapacitated adults. This could include eldery relatives, suffering from Alzeimer's or other forms of dementia or an adult that has mental disablities. 
  • Mentally Handicapped. You must apply for legal guardianship when they reach adulthood. 

Get the information you need today by calling Grosse Pointe Farms, MI's Family Focus Law.